Last Updated: September 26, 2014
Innotas, Inc. ("Innotas" or "we" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you, and how we use and disclose that information.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
When you place a pre-order or order with us for our software products, the information we collect may include your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, shipping address, credit card or other payment information and, if applicable, EU VAT number or other tax ID. We will also keep the details of your order and of its fulfillment.
If you are a user of our products and create or update an Innotas Account, we may collect your username, e-mail address and e-mail preferences, and password for your account.
When you fill in other forms on our website, enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, when you fill out a survey, when you provide feedback or submissions to our website, or when you contact us through our website, by sending us an email, phone or other communication, we collect the information you provide.
Information We Collect From our Products and Services
We collect information automatically when you use our software and our website.
Our Software. We collect information when you use our software.
When you use our software while your computer is connected to the Internet, we collect the IP address, web browser version, and operating system. We also collect performance data such as frequency and duration of use, as well as data as to which pages of our application are visited. This information is tied to your user ID associated with your Innotas Account.
Certain aspects of our application store navigation related information locally on your computer in the form of cookies. Additionally, certain features of our software may use local stored objects (Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and within our application. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For more information about Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use Your Information.
Our Website. We collect information when you use our website at www.innotas.com and sub-sites. This information includes usage details, page visits, IP addresses, web browser, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. The technologies we use for automatic data collection through our website may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Our system will issue cookies unless you have activated the appropriate setting on your browser to disable them. If you disable cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For more information about Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use Your Information
- Pixel Tags and Click-Throughs. Pages of our website and e-mails we send you may contain small electronic files known as pixel tags (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Pixel tags may also be used to track when you leave the site and to then allow a third-party to serve you an ad on a third-party website. We may also use “click-through URLs” in emails to prompt you to provide or update information, or to read promotional emails. When customers click through those URLs they may pass through another server before arriving at the destination page on our website.
We do not collect personal Information automatically from use of our website (except to the extent an IP address is considered personal information in some jurisdictions), but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect, including any personal information about you:
- To provide and improve software products and our website and services.
- To respond to requests that you make, to personalize your online experience on our website, and to better tailor the features, performance, and support of our products and services to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, or in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To contractors, service providers and other third party service providers we use to support our business. However, these service providers do not have any independent right to share this information (except pursuant to a legal requirement such as a subpoena or warrant).
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Innotas’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Innotas about our users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any law, court order, legal process, or government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about How We Use Your Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive.
Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, from time to time we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may change your email address, password and other information for your Innotas Account by editing them in your account page. You may also contact us through www.innotas.com/contact to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
Data Security and Retention of Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, but no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the Internet.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our application or your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website or our products or services. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our website, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We are not responsible for that data collection or how it is used, and we encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Children under the Age of 13
Our website, products and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our website, products or services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
Innotas, Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Innotas, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Innotas’ certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. European Union and Swiss Residents, if your complaints cannot be resolved, we have agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association pursuant to the US-EU Safe Harbor and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
111 Sutter Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94104
+1 415 263 9800